Friday, May 2, 2014

WIP: Final Rise of Phoenixe Imperiale (2014)

Wednesday was supposed to be a couch day, but we ended up doing our own stuff, meaning, I got FINALLY to do the fabric painting part. At first I carefully outlined the phoenix on the actual base fabric, then I outlined it with gutta, more or less successfully. Then, I used light yellow to paint the phoenix and I got some interesting and accidental effects on it, when the wings and the torso ended up having slight feather-like print in it. Of course I only had my cell phone, so the pictures are crappy.
The background took some more works and it's actually still unfinished. I didn't think it through and I should have put plastic underneath it, so now the cover fabric has my phoenix design on it as well, since the colors bled through. Well, at least it gave me interesting effects and I have a lot more work to do maybe today (Friday). The blues are stronger and darker than in the model image, but I'll work over them with some white wash, so I'm not that screwed yet. I'll work it out.

 The image colors lie a little, my camera is not doing well and besides, the paint was wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.