Tuesday, May 13, 2014

WIP: The Final Rise of Phoenixe Imperiale (2014)

I got to continue the silk painting, since I didn't want to start up the next part of the upholstery sewing, which takes time. I have a nasty machine in use, no matter how gently and gradually I step on the pedal, it looks like it's gonna go nice and easy... until one millimeter and it goes Fast and Furious on me. Anyways, back to the phoenix.
It looks rather horrible on that, it really does, made some mistakes. Also, should have used wet on wet, but I didn't want that uncontrolled mixing up. Another mistake. Next error was to add the reddish orange to the tail, I would have gotten so much better quality if I had only used the Inktense pencils for it.

Wait for itt...







TADAA

That is the lower wing from the angle the big one is right now. Pretty nice, despite the gutta bleeds a little, but hey, it's a layer work anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.