Tuesday, May 20, 2014

WIP: The Final Rise of Phoenixe Imperiale (2014)

Today went to hell in ever aspect of the word AND work. I was supposed to iron it on the cotton, the silk phoenix I mean. I had some barely enough pieces of two sided glue paper, I have no idea what it is in English. Anyway, I used two kinds of paper and busted it. First screw up was the fact I forgot to mirror the draw through, so I had iron the paper on the COTTON first, sure, works... if you know EXACTLY, how the silk cutout goes on top of it. I did flip it for the tails and the wings The ironing went to hell, it was very picky to get a hold of the silk and later the cotton. Very picky. Also, the wrong way done ironing on backfired, the glue spread and melted like mad. But of course, not beneath the phoenix. The tail feathers were also curved wrong, but in the end, what can I do? Nobody's perfect. And my alter ego is not perfect either. Now I'm trying to paint some embers so I can conceal the whites.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.