Thursday, April 24, 2014

WIP Final Rise of Phoenixe Imperiale (2014)

Welp, got more ideas from the teacher today and I actually liked them. The main material I'd use is cotton, simple white cotton, but the embroidery isn't quite enough for it, so she suggested I put some filing beneath the phoenix to make it rise up and become 3D. I like the idea. Also she said I should try how silk looks on top of cotton. Tested and it would make it look more fiery with the sheen. Basically, I would applicate the phoenix over the icy background. I REALLY am starting to like the idea and tomorrow will be used on testing it out, I have an unused (barely) piece of silk I was gonna paint, but since it turned out shit, I can use the piece elsewhere. I also need to get a slightly smaller copy.

Photo taken with school's camera (which hates my guts) and edited a bit to get the colors correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.