Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Schoolwork: Redoing a livingroom (2014)

 This was a school assignment. Take a room and redo it as a customer wishes so. This time, the customer was me and my fiancĂ©e and the room was the livingroom/kitchen of my grandparent's house. We had to draw a floor and wall plans in scale and in color.

Of course I wanted to get rid of the disgusting and boring pastel yellow walls and the even grey floor paint. Few things cannot be changed and I just took away the huge cupboard from the corner, since it needs new paintjob, obviously. I wanted at least one black wall and the sparkly Arctic paint called Kemi (oh the irony) is just what I needed. Slightly opaque. Also the oven wall loses the yellow and is gonna be all black. The brown wall covering on the sink wall also flies, I'm not that big fan of retro shit, having grown up among it really irritates me. Anyway, despite I like yellow, all the pastel yellows go to hell. The floor is still grey, this time charcoal grey, but I want the previous paint layers off so the natural wood shows from the planks.








I've edited this to get the colors to match with GIMP, which has turned out to be useful at times. The shelves and some of the other furniture are from Ikea, since it's cheap. I kinda want blinds on the windows or thick curtains, since the sun shines in from every window.






The cupboards will be purple and I picked the Rojo ceramic mosaic walls. I also want a table with benches, it makes it easier to move around. I also added a glass table, which I've always wanted, though it's scary to have one, considering my clumsiness.

The white doors also go and in comes bright red. Red and black are my favorites besides bright yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.