Friday, April 11, 2014

WIP: Final rise of Phoenixe Imperiale (2014)

Still working on it and it's on a slight standstill, but I got a watercolor paper for the proper background now. Painting is always therapeutic, so after a good long nap, I'll probs paint. It's A2 size, so it will have extra at the edges, but I don't mind, I haven't checked the proper measurements yet.

On the sidenote, I hate official writing.


My previous versions and what inspired me to do it. My band is dead forever, but the phoenix still lives on. I'm the Phoenixe Imperiale. I know, I'm a selfish bitch but I don't actually give a shit.


Phoenix Rises by Tom Wood and Cain's Offering CD cover by Alex Yarborough.


 
Nemesis by Gyula Havanscak. I want to get the same fiery effect to the phoenix as on this.

These were the inspirations to the phoenix and by heavens I love fire. I love also ice.

Below are the inspiring pictures and the blowing ice down there is the major influence on the background.













I'm not gonna deny, also Pokémon is a good influence on Phoenixe's look and making an ice version is also rather tempting, but maybe later I'll make a reversed version. Ice phoenix in front of a burning background.


And this is how the current model fares. I've sharpened the colors and gonna color it whole tonight, it's gonna be a therapy of sorts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.