Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fanart: Houses of Gondolin (2004)

I got into Tolkien after I FINALLY watched LotR out of curiosity. They aired the three for the first time in Finnish television. I was hooked from the first moment. I abandoned HP movies (I've seen them all and I have all the books) and hounded all info I could about Tolkien and his Middle-Earth. It struck me even better than HP and had more mature fanbase that suited me. Well, enough of that topic.
I used gouache colors, as usual, silver gel pen and glitter for the effects. After that the glitter was EVERYWHERE. There might still be remains of glitter in my old scanner. This is my take of what the emblems of 12 houses of Gondolin looked like. I am aware that whatever Tolkien himself drew is -the correct- take, but hey, I cannot be (and am not) the only artist to try their hands at Middle-Earth fanart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.