Friday, January 9, 2015

Ceramics: Batsy Pumpkin (2014)

Finished just in time for the evaluation, I got it out of the kiln and to the table half an hour earlier. My favorite, Spanish black clay and orange patina, made by my fiancée, since I'm not that compatible with math...
This idea was... well, ideal, since when I started this, it was Halloween, but it was fired only just before Christmas, so this was on the first ride home few hours after it was evaluated. This landed me with 3, that is the highest grade. I'm rather proud of it, the lid and everything, the shape, which the teacher liked, saying it was very even and well rounded in almost every angle.
That of course was harder to tell since I shaped it a little to resemble a pumpkin, tho it still had to contain the ball shape. I was worried how the orange patina would stand out against the black, but it looks hella neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.