Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Couch cover (2013)

The final work was in three parts. First, we had to look for a painting that pleased our eye with the colors. I chose an ancient Egyptian painting of a vulture from someone's tomb. Then, we needed to take the colors and create something of our own, something that could be from our respective lines of work. I wanted to keep the vulture, but no. Even the stripes are from there. And the balls. I guess I'm too neurotic for this.
Anyways, we had to keep the proportions of colors, hence the black-blue (which my camera blew again) being dominant. We had to then paint that, either with gouache/watercolors, or acrylics. I obviously went for the acrylics and cried blood how others treated the paints and the brushes. Also flipped off when they shook our desks.

The third part was to show a new side of the said design and place it in a normal environment.

I chose to depict the corner, which shows it has more of that clay red, close up of the fuzzy ball and of course, our cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do comment these artworks, artist always wants to hear opinions.